Kevin is normally pretty calm and steady with his emotions, but this week he’s pretty darn cranky because of one particular news article. Why? The headline (and content) of the piece is potentially harmful to builders who decide to focus on what is being defined as “Killing It” but is actually an old benchmark that isn’t as relative to getting real sales results today. Focusing on the right metrics matters, and in this case, we don’t think they did…
- Story Time
- Andrew’s inspired by a piece of equipment found on concrete mixing trucks
- Becca has a design studio appointment coming up for her new home
- Kevin shares how the “normalizing” of the market in some regions is causing some unexpected challenges for marketers
- News (18:01)
- The worst article Kevin’s seen published in years (Who is “Killing It” via social media)
- Zero-click searches are growing… a LOT. Why that trend matters for builders
- “Stories” are the future of FB & IG according to Zuck
- FB is getting their stick out and aggressively banning advertisers
- Social media ad costs could skyrocket over the holidays due to demand by Radio Shack
- Answers To Last Week’s Question Of The Week (48:01)
- New Question Of The Week
- How does your builder give back to the community or to your employees? Share ideas to inspire others and help us all get in the holiday spirit.
A weekly new home marketing podcast for home builders and developers. Each week Kevin Oakley & Andrew Peek from Do You Convert will break down the headlines, share best-practices and stories from the front line, and perform a deep dive on a relevant marketing topic. We’re here to help you – not to sell you!