This week we welcome our first ever repeat podcast guest! Steve Shoemaker is VP of Sales & Marketing for Ideal Homes in Oklahoma City. On Ep 68: Live from the 2019 Online Summit, Steve mentioned he was participating in the Parade of Homes and teased his reasoning behind it. Well… we couldn’t just get that go, so we invited him back to talk about it! Learn why Ideal Homes was in the Parade of Homes for the first time in 10 years, the reason behind that decision, and the value they got from it – you might be surprised.
Story Time: Conversations from the Online Summit (3:06)
- Becca discusses the advantage of landing pages, pixels and custom conversions over Facebook lead ads.
- Andrew likens eating brussels sprouts to stepping out of your comfort zone in the field of marketing.
- Kevin gives advice on information overload and where to start in new home marketing.
In the News: (22:20)
- Facebook’s guide to refreshing ad creative
- Redemption Month: New home sales exploded in August (Inman.com)
- Google rolls out massive shakeup to ad biz (Adage.com)
360 Topic of the Week – Parade of Homes: Is it Worth It? with Steve Shoemaker (38:09)
- Why Ideal Homes hadn’t participated in 10 years
- Pros and cons of Parades of Homes
- The real reason they decided to participate in 2019, how they paid for it, and the strategy behind it
- Success in different terms
- The value of trust & respect within your organization
A weekly new home marketing podcast for home builders and developers. Each week Kevin Oakley, Andrew Peek, and others from Do You Convert will break down the headlines, share best-practices and stories from the front line, and perform a deep dive on a relevant marketing topic. We’re here to help you – not to sell you!