Did you know that two-thirds of home builders don’t follow up with online leads via phone, even when invited to do so? 😱
In Mike Lyon‘s latest article for Professional Builder Magazine, he lays out exactly how to outperform your competition when it comes to online lead follow-up, including how to boost your response rates by as much as 30 percent. And yes, the phone is involved.
Here are some of Mike’s quick tips from the article:
- Pick up the phone and call your prospects. No one else is.
- Follow up with a combination of phone calls and personal emails at least seven times during the first 30 days, then at least once a month after that.
- Marketing emails or e-newsletters are OK to keep buyers informed, but they’re not effective prospecting tools.
- Fix that attitude! People are afraid to be pushy or to bother people, but remember that you’re not selling, you’re trying to help someone with a life decision.
- Keep personal emails bite-size; think: five short sentences.
- If prospects aren’t interested, find out why.
- Always set up the next step, even if it’s not purchasing.
You can read the full article by clicking the image below: