2023 is off to a great start! We are seeing increased website traffic as high as 80% month-over-month. As the increase in website traffic continues, we want to be sure we are doing our best to capture each website visitor as a lead. That has always been the end goal, right?
As we are coming out of the market where our goal was to only capture A, B, and C prospects so that our OSCs didn’t drown, we became comfortable with blunt objectives within our website. Gone are the days of using “Reserve this Home,” “Schedule a Tour,” and “Schedule an Appointment” on our web pages and having dozens of buyers waiting.
The key in 2023? Make your calls to action friendly and inviting. That means ensuring your website is fully transparent and offers multiple calls to action (CTAs) per page.
CTAs, an essential part of any website, are not only crucial for converting website visitors into leads but can also play a role in how a prospect feels you, as a builder, will communicate moving forward.
Here are 3 reasons why people become a lead online:
- They have a question and need an answer - Your website will not always have ALL the answers, no matter how hard you try.
- They want to take the next step - Moving forward into the process, our favorite.
- They need a human to help them feel confident - Purchasing a home is a big commitment and just hearing that you are there for them every step of the way allows them to feel confident in you as their builder.
Ideally, you would like to have up to three calls to action per page on your website, but remember the key - helpful, soft, and inviting. We often forget that the majority of our traffic, up to almost 70% of all website traffic, comes from mobile devices. Since the majority of us work on computers while checking and reviewing our websites, this is your quick reminder to check your CTAs using your own phone or tablet as well.
Here are some CTAs I would recommend:
- Questions? Chat with (Your OSC Name)
- Learn More
- Learn More about (this home, this community, our building process, etc.)
- Chat with Us!
- Call / Text Us with Questions!
- Text Us!
- We are Here to Help
- Get Fast Answers
- Meet (Your OSC Name - with a brief description of how your OSC is happy to answer all kinds of questions, for example, pricing, site availability, quick move-in homes, building process, etc.)
- Get Connected!
- For quick answers, Call or Text: (Phone Number)
- Ask OSC Name (with images of them and a form fill)
- Explore Your Options
We want to come across as helpful, insightful, knowledgeable, and friendly. Allow the website visitor to connect with you. As they say, there are never any silly questions! Allow that statement to be true.
Make it simple for your OSCs to have easy conversations that are helpful to a prospective buyer. CTAs should be easy to find with clear and direct language. Change up those CTAs with some A/B testing. This can help you optimize them for maximum effectiveness.