and Molly White
join Andrew Peek
to discuss the sunsetting of Google Analytics 3 (GA3) on July 1, 2023, and how to prepare for Google Analytics 4 (GA4) now. They review the differences between GA3 and GA4 and discuss why now is the time to create your new account so you can have year-over-year data when the mandatory change occurs next year. Plus they discuss the biggest challenges they believe markers will have to overcome to use and understand GA4.
Andrew, Dennis, and Molly discuss:
- What makes Google Analytics 4 different from Google Analytics 3 (aka Universal Analytics)
- Why GA4 is forecasting more on events over sessions
- Understanding n Event vs a Session: An event is an action that someone has taken on your website in some shape or form and a session is a visit to the website
- Why you should take this time to explore new tracking opportunities with GA4
- The benefits of GA4, including the building of custom funnels vs analyzing your source medium reports
- Why google data studio might be dead after the launch of GA4
- Why there will be less historical data to compare against
Questions? Comments? Email firstname.lastname@example.org call 404-369-2595 and we’ll address them on the next episode. More insights, discussions, and opportunities in the Market Proof Marketing Facebook group.
A weekly new home marketing podcast for home builders and developers. Each week Kevin Oakley, Andrew Peek, Jackie Lipinski, Julie Jarnagin, and other team members from Do You Convert will break down the headlines, share best practices and stories from the front line, and perform a deep dive on a relevant marketing topic. We’re here to help you – not to sell you!