I wanted to add a post for the market study by the NAHB’s Institute of Residential Marketing and Harris Interactive. It was conducted in association with Move.com and wrapped up in late 2005. It has been mentioned frequently in the industry and is a great resource when analyzing your own program for selling homes online. You can download the executive summary here >>
To get the full detailed version – head over here >> (you have to provide a name and email address). You can also access a copy of the Power Point Presentation by Move.com.
Below are the points addressed in the survey:
- Consumers Who Are Online Value Online Resources Most In the Search for New Homes, While Builders’ Use of Traditional Media Continues to Dominate.
- Online Resources Are Believed to be the Most Useful and the Most Important to Consumers, and Builders Agree That Their Own Web Sites Produce the Highest Quality Leads.
- Gaps Persist Between Consumer and Builder Marketing Behaviors.
- Online Consumers Look to the Internet and Recommend Online Sources, Along with REALTOR® Recommendations, for Future Search Needs.
- Consumers’ Online Behavior.
- Consumer Segmentation Results and the Consumer Outcome.
- Builder Behaviors Online.
- Builder Lead Generation.